Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 11 #HAWMC: Favorites

What is my favorite social network? Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest?

I LOVE Facebook...ask anyone who knows me, even if they don't know me that well, that I post and share a LOT on Facebook. When I first joined it was at the urging of my then high school aged daughter. She had an account and told me to join. I did. It was more for keeping tabs on her (not that I needed too) and reconnecting with old friends. At some point I started using  Facebook as an outlet to inform, educate and advocate. It became my voice in social media. It connected me to the bleeding community. It offers me hope when my son has a bleed and I need someone to understand what I'm going through...who gets it.

I have a Twitter account too...I try, I do. I post on there as well but don't check it very often. There is just something about being limited to 120 characters. I can't be limited.

I have a Pinetrest as well but there are not enough hours in my day for Pinterest. I thought I would use it for displaying posts about the kids chronic illnesses but then found a plethora of ALL kinds of fun things. I've used it for birthday party, events, baby showers and recipes. I've made some pretty awesome dinners thanks to Pinterest. But I try and stay away...it would suck me in forever and nothing would get done around here!

If you want to add me as a friend you can find me as Jen Hamilton Loving. At a meeting the other night someone said, "if your not following Jen on Facebook...your missing out!" So I'll stick with my Facebook and keep informing, educating and advocating for Hemophilia.


No comments:

Post a Comment