Monday, April 1, 2013

Why I Write...

Hello Everyone! We've just come off March as raising awareness for Hemophilia. I tried very hard to post, on my personal facebook page something almost everyday about Hemophilia. In doing so I tried to educate my friends and family about Hemophilia and its causes, problems and daily life. I've decided to participate in the WEGO Health Challenge this month. I will be writing, with the help of some daily prompts given by WEGO Health. I hope you enjoy my month long blogging!

Today's prompt is Why I Write:



That's easy...I write for my son, Jackson who has severe Hemophilia A, Factor 8 deficiency. He came into this world with a 50/50 shot of being a hemophiliac...and has taken to his "normal" like a champ. Be it a challenging champ at times but a champ all the same. I write for my family and friends to understand what our lives are like. I don't want sympathy or pity...I want to educate. I don't want my son excluded from things or treated differently. There is no need for all that! With a few precautions and a little planning he can do anything!

I found WEGO Health's Writers Challenge last year when I was blogging for the Blue Heel Society, a group of fab people who advocate for diabetes, as I have two daughters with Type 1 Diabetes. So I thought...why not do the same for Hemophilia? So here I am writing to you about Hemophilia...enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What an inspiration you are! I added your blog to my blogroll. Thanks for writing and sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete