Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 18: #HAWMC: I take it back!!

Sometimes when your tired and don't feel like dealing with something the wrong words come out.

Now, I must write this disclaimer as it's the posts fault. I have truly gotten over this issue. I just had to bring something out so I would have something to blog about today. So it may sound like I'm holding a grudge but truly I was over it as soon as it was said. 

In our family unit I am grateful to be able to stay at home with my kids during the day and work about 3 evenings throughout the week. It gives me freedom to be able to take the kids to their Dr appointments, or if they are sick or if the nurse calls and there is an issue at school. It gives me freedom to make some money, feel as if I am contributing to the family income and gives me some sanity. Most of all I do it for sanity reasons but I digress... My hubby works during the day 40+ hours a week and a lot of times he comes home and I high five him out the door to go to my job. Things had been crazy one day while I was home with Jackson (he had to be around 2 at the time...he's 5 now) and we had been inside all day doing whatever. It was springtime and the day had turned out to be pretty nice. I felt bad about not taking him out but thought my hubby could take him outside that evening. Or so I thought...

Seriously, I am sooo over this...It's gonna sound snarky and I have not held a grudge...seriously...I'm cool with it all!

Well, hubby comes home and he's tired and just wants to take a nap (don't we all?!!?). I suggested he could take Jackson out to let him play for a little while since it was so nice. (Just a little background here...we have a side yard that of course has a grassy area but has a concrete patio as well.) His comment to me was something to the effect of that not being a good idea. I kinda knew where this was headed. I didn't like it and I'm getting tired too so I'm getting a little aggravated. So I played dumb...

Me: "Why would going outside not be a good idea?"
Him: "Well, you know, he's a hemophiliac...he might fall...he might get a bleed."

To which I replied, that is the STUPIDEST thing you've ever said!! What!?!? Should we bubble wrap him!! Keep him inside!?!? I guess we shouldn't let him walk...EVER!! Pfft...get him outside and let him play.

My poor husband knew as his words came out of his mouth he had messed up big time. We have the motto: Treat the Hemo not the boy! In other words... let the kid LIVE. He ended up apologizing not that long after he spoke those vial words and chalked it up to being over tired. I immediately forgave him but made him promise to never say anything that stupid again.

And he hasn't!




No comments:

Post a Comment