Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 12 #HAWMC: Hindsight

"What have you learned about being a caregiver that has surprised you most?"

That we (my hubby and I) can do it.

We can  take care of all three of our kids and their chronic illness.

I always joke with my hubby that we need an honorary nursing degree...between Type 1 diabetes and hemophilia we have it covered.

If you would've told me 10 years ago that I would be sticking my kids with needles, administering IV infusions, fighting with health insurance, meeting with lawmakers, advocating at schools, writing blogs, meeting amazing people in our chronic illness community, living and breathing diabetes and hemophilia I would've told you, YOU'RE CRAZY!!

But here I am, here we are, raising our kids despite their chronic illness and thriving...LIVING.

Jackson giving Daddy an "IV" of factor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment