Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 29: #HAWMC: Congratulations!

Ugh!! Today I need to post three things I love about myself, things I'm good at or just want to share. I'd rather talk about my kids because after all...if it weren't for them and their chronic illnesses I sure wouldn't be sitting here blogging away!

Because of them I love:

1. The fact I can talk to anyone about their chronic illness.

2. I can advocate. Meeting with lawmakers? No biggie! That's what they are there for...meeting with us, the voters and wanting to hear our story. Doesn't mean they are going to vote our way but at least we can meet with them.

3. I have learned to not judge a book by its cover. Maybe the kid that's throwing a temper tantrum in public isn't misbehaving...maybe he is having sensory overload. The kid that cries everyday before she goes into school may have anxiety issues.  My son is covered in bruises...I don't beat him...you can't see his hemophilia. The point is don't be so quick to judge. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

My kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment