Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 15: #HAWMC: Sharing

I LOVE finding and reaching out to the Executive Hemo guys. All of the Hemo's in my family have passed so I don't have anyone to bounce ideas with or look to see how they have overcome adversity and challenges with hemophilia. I have found many through Facebook and I soak in all their posts, stories and comments. I find them inspiring and role models for Jackson to look up to he is older...I mean he's 5...he doesn't quite get "it". I came across this wonderful Hemo man, Patrick James Lynch. He has launched a "What's Your imPossible" initiative to get Hemo's moving and living life in honor of all those that have lost the battle.  He announced his intent to run in the New York City Marathon. You can read and follow his blog here.

The blog challenge today is to share a blog and write a comment in response to the post you feature.

Dear Patrick,

As a Mom of a 5 year old severe, factor 8 deficient Hemophiliac, I would like to thank you!! I LIVE by the phrase "you can do anything" as you see I also have two daughters with Type 1 diabetes. We know chronic illness. I have been adamant that my kids NEVER let their illness stop them. For the most part it hasn't. Sure a bleed for my son or low/high blood sugars for my girls may stop them in their tracks. We may need to re-adjust or re-schedule an event...but they LIVE. They know they have conditions that they may need to take a few more precautions for...but they LIVE.


I will share with my kids what a wonderful challenge you are embarking upon (and yes, it will be a challenge...I'm a half marathoner...not feeling the need to run a full!!) That defying your arthritic ankles, your bleeds, your training, HEMOPHILIA...you WILL run and you WILL finish a marathon!! We will be cheering you on from Ohio!

Best of luck for easy training to follow and minimal bleeding.

Your blood family,

the Loving's

Jen, Joe, Jackson, Nora and Evelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment