Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 23: #HAWMC: Technology


Today I am to write about how my life would change if there were no social media.

NO social media.

How did we survive BEFORE social media!?

Wow...I imagine a ton of free time that I would have.

However...

I wouldn't be able to reach to a friend across the US to ask questions about Hemophilia.

I wouldn't be able to talk to other parents who are having the same issues I am with my son.

I wouldn't be able to connect to a community that is united by bleeding disorders.

Who gets it.

Who understands.

Who knows.

Who has walked and is walking in my shoes.

It would be lonely.

Don't get me wrong. I have wonderful people here in my hometown that I connect with. Sometimes I can't always meet up or attend events so it's nice to be able to catch up with them on Facebook. It's comforting to know that if I'm on the way to the ER with my son and a bleed I can communicate with the entire community if I need to.

The bleeding community is our family. We aren't related by blood...well, yeah, we kinda are in a way, and I can't imagine not being able to connect with our family for support.

Thank goodness for social media.

Thank goodness for our bleeding community family.


No comments:

Post a Comment