Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 11 and 12: #HAWMC Pet Pal and Day of Rest

Sorry about not posting yesterday...if you've been following along you know I'm training to run a half marathon. Yesterday I participated in a 20/12 run. This means if you are running a full marathon you run 20 miles.. if you are running the half you run 12 miles. So I ran 12 miles; which was fantastic...beautiful day running through different parts of our fine city. I came home, showered up and sprawled out on the couch all day!! So needless to say I was worn out. So I will double post today.

Pet Pal: this past December we rescued THE best dog ever!! His name is Dizzy and he is a Goldendoodle. He is seriously the greatest thing that has ever happened to our family. He fits right in. He loves to play ball with our son...it doesn't matter if it's football, baseball or a big bouncy ball...he is all for playing and bouncing it back! He listens and is just a great dog. My kids love snuggling up to him and he LOVES attention and will greet you each time you walk in the door as if he hasn't seen you in a month...even if you've only been gone a few minutes or all day. He always seems to know when you need a little extra lovin'.

Day of Rest: One of my favorite things to do is take our 1979 CJ7, aka the Black Pearl, out for a spin. It has quirks so it is not our daily driver...it's our fun Jeep. It doesn't matter if we take it around the block, to the grocery, downtown or off road it's just good for the soul. It's been down for the count since this past fall when we found out the hard way that our brakes went out. My hubby is trouble shooting as he bled the line and still no brakes. But when it's up and running it's a blast! It's one of the few things I do where I just let go and enjoy the drive. Now...if we can just figure out the brakes...


Dizzy and Captain Jackson! 
the Black Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment