Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 13 and 14 #HAWMC: Perfect Comeback and "I feel best when..."

Sorry about a double post today. I was in Columbus, Ohio with Jackson last night and today storming the Capital advocating for hemophilia with the Ohio Bleeding Disorder Council. It was a jammed packed evening and day that was wonderful but I'll save that for another post.

Day 13: The Perfect Comeback: I have many comebacks...what can I tell you; I am a smart ass. Sometimes the comebacks actually come out of mouth and other times I'm left speechless and the comeback comes out hours later and I kick myself for not having been witty enough at the time to spew it out. One happened not that long ago. We live in a quaint Village in a home that was built in the late 1880's; wood siding, metal roof, wrap around porch...I just love it. In 2005 we decided that we needed to paint our house. I wanted bold colors because...really?! Why not?! My hubby, gawd love him, thought he could power wash the old paint off in a weekend and paint the following week. I knew better. Imagine his surprise when the high pressure hose was NOT taking off the paint. So we scrapped...and scrapped...and scrapped some more. The weekend we started this project was the first week of June and hotter than hell. Not two days into this project our then 4 year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Talk about a life changing whirl wind time. That was also 5 days in the hospital learning how to keep our daughter alive. We muddled through that summer and the following summer and got the house about 85-90% done. Life got crazy. Jackson was born and when he entered Pre-School we also refinanced our house. One of the conditions was to finish the 10-15% of painting that we didn't get done. No problem. I could do that while Jackson was at school. Well, little did I know how much our lack of painting the one side of our detached garage angered our neighbor. One of the days I was finishing up the painting he comes out and says, "well, it's about time you finished this side of the garage!" To which I looked right at him and said, "well, the year we started painting our daughter was diagnosed with Type 1, later our son was born with a bleeding disorder and our eldest daughter was diagnosed Type 1. So excuse me if I was busy keeping my kids alive with their chronic illness instead of painting the garage!" Needless to say he fumbled with some incoherent words and walked away.

Day 14: "I feel best when..." when I come up with timely, witty comebacks!! Ha!! No, really, I feel best when my kids are happy, I have a refrigerator full of food (and medicine!!) and my biggest supporter, my hubby, by my side. Sappy? Yes...but it's true!

I thought I had a picture of the front of our house...but this is the side...you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment